Our technicians link to the vehicle’s ECU (Electronic Control Unit) or ‘brain’ with a laptop PC through the vehicle’s diagnostic socket and read the current engine management file. This is then analysed for your vehicle. The technician programs the new Pro-tech file into your vehicle and you then have the opportunity to experience for yourself the amazing results. On some vehicles it is not possible to carry out this function through the diagnostic socket. In these cases the ECU is removed and either a chip change or boot loading function is carried out, direct into the ECU itself. The final effect is exactly the same, only the process is different. Depending on the vehicle, the remap normally takes less than 1 hour to complete.
Our re-mapping process enhances and optimises the power of the engine within safe limits, not beyond them. Extra power will also result in fewer gear changes. Manufacturers have to build in a tolerance for the engine components, to manage the effect of wear and tear, production variations, and to ensure their warranty claims during their warranty period normally 3 years, are kept to a minimum.
Most race and rally engines are pushed for every last bhp, and thus they more common to fail, whilst normal car/van/lorry engines are limited back, well away from probability of multiple failures. Each individual engine is different as in how much it can be pushed in a remap, but a good remap from a quality tuner will never get close to the limits of component failure.
If you want to tune your diesel vehicle and still keep the vehicle’s safety and durability functions for the engine/transmission/ESP intact, the only way to tune a diesel vehicle is to make changes in the existing control system of the engine.
That is exactly what we offer with a pro-tech remap. Our tuning process has total control over all parameters at any moment, and doesn’t disturb the safety functions of the car by deceiving the system.
Apart from an obvious power, torque and fuel economy benefits you get the following advantages with a pro-tech remap:
• Nothing needs to be connected to the vehicle after tuning to get the benefits
• No loose boxes and wiring flexes in the engine compartment
• Boost pressure and air flow is optimised
• The original settings can be reinstalled if required
• On board computer shows correct fuel consumption
• Anti skid program (ESP) function is fully retained
• Optimal regeneration (emptying) of diesel particle filter (DPF) is retained
Pro-tech automotive plugs the world’s leading diagnostic system into your car to check for existing faults (if any), before downloading your existing ECU software for backup and analysis. Your software is then re-written by our tuning experts to provide the new characteristics you will have discussed with your pro-tech consultant, whether it is ultimate power, ultimate economy or a combination of the two.
Once the software has been re-written it will be loaded back on to your ECU, and your vehicle will be tested. All original manufacturer’s data such as VIN number, serial numbers etc. are re-instated exactly as they were before the remap so the changes cannot be detected by any normal means of diagnostic check from your dealer.
It is important to note that every single remap performed by pro-tech automotive is unique. We do not use ‘standard maps’ that would limit the effectiveness of our tuning.
The original software and data we download from your engine is instrumental in allowing us to work out your new map for you. Add-on boxes can never achieve this degree of tailoring for your vehicle or for your requirements.
Pro-tech’s blue optimize
Blue optimize – Good Power and Maximum Economy
• Designed to return an improved economy in turbo diesel engines.
• By re-characterising the torque limits on the engine, at lower rpm’s you will benefit from additional performance and improved economy.
• At higher rpm’s the software will encourage shifting up through the gearbox, to keep the engine running in its optimal window.
• blue optimize is a very popular choice with large fleet owners, where the extra mpg improvement counts on the bottom line profit.
Pro-tech Blend map
Blend – Power/Eco
• The most popular remap choice, offering the best mix of power and economy in virtually all turbo diesel engines.
• Designed to de-restrict the engine and open up the true torque and power range.
• A blend map offers a better driving experience while returning an improved fuel consumption figure.
• Parameters are carefully managed to optimise best burn times and achieve optimum in-cylinder pressures.
Pro-tech Power map
Power – High Power and Ultimate Performance
• Designed to fully unleash the full potential of your engine.
• Pro-tech’s power map can be installed on both petrol and diesel vehicles.
• Ideally used in situations where the extra power and torque is required for example moving extra heavy loads, running optimised acceleration, experiencing a wider torque window, or simply to enjoy your vehicle.